Ayurvedic Face Rejuvenation
Himalayan Mt. Abhyanga
Tibetan Chakra Stone Ritual
Tibetan Blissful Sleep
Marma & Mud Magic
Menu of Services
DIAMOND WAY AYURVEDA'S REFLEXOLOGY and KANSA VATAKI
PediKarma(tm) is inspired by the Indian foot massage treatment called Kansa Vataki and the Padaprakshalana ceremony in which the feet are respectfully and loving bathed as an acknowledgment of the beauty and goodness that is our true nature.
"PediKarma: here means "actions" or the things we do that have results. "Pedi" refers to the feet. PediKarma(tm) is Diamond Way Ayurveda's comprehensive five-step series of rejuvenation treatments for the feet that includes:
Describe it on your service menu like this...
- Gently filing dry skin areas on the feet
- Soaking the feet in a deep, warm, and aromatic Himalayan salts foot bath
- Touching the Marma points (Ayurvedic vital energy points) and their associated reflexology areas
- Kansa Vataki - rubbing the feet with a golden-color three-metal bowl and
- Applying Ubtan Cleanser - dusting and gently exfoliating the feet with a blend of flour, herbs, and rose petals
"Relax into a balancing Himalayan salt foot bath while a stress reducing aromatic nutmeg lotion and warmed pillow is rested upon your shoulders. Nourish your feet with the application of Indian and Tibetan oils, the magic of subtle energy reflex point, and the gentle detox and balancing affects of the unique three-metal kansa bowl. To complete your treatment, a light dusting of herbal powder or ubtan will lighten your step and brighten your mood."
For massage therapists:(WATCH A FILM CLIP OF THE KANSA VATAKI )
"A seamless, relaxing, yet energizing treatment that includes a balancing Himalayan salt foot bath, neck massage, Ayurvedic reflexology, the gentle and soothing massage with three-metal bowl, and finishes wit a gentle cleaning and exfoliation with an herbal powder. This treatment will lighten your step, give you a sense of balance and grounding, and brighten your mood."
Who benefits from Receiving PediKarma(tm)?
People feel more busy than they want to be
People who feel stressed or anxious
Workers who stand for long periods of time
People who work at or around computers or strong electro-magnetic energies frequently
People who are unfamiliar with spa services that would feel "safe" with only taking off their shows and socks
Anyone with signs of extra heat, such as...
- red, itchy eyes
- eye strain
- redness in face
- hot flashes
- irritability or unpredictable temper
- difficulty sleeping
Benefits from Each of The Five Steps in the PediKarma(tm) Treatment...
Step One: Foot filing - using a foot file to gently remove dry skin
| || |
- Increases absorption of essential oils
- Allows for a deeper massage
- Balances the pads of the feet for a more even step
- Allows time to read the feet
Step Two: Foot Soaks - soaking the feet in warm water infused with Himalayan salt and organic bay, eucalyptus, and ginger oils
- Welcoming, luxurious, and nurturing
- Relaxing and grounding
- Calming to the nervous system
- Thoroughly cleansing in a gentle and comfortable way
STEP THREE - Ayurvedic Reflexology - pressing on a sequence of areas and specific points on the toes and the soles of the feet
- Re-aligns the skeletal structure, especially the back
- Improves the function of the organs and glands
- Helps to balance emotions
- Increases circulation to the brain
- Improves concentration
- Relieves insomnia and deepens rest
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Eases both acute and chronic pain
STEP FOUR: Benefits of Kansa Vataki - rubbing the oiled feet thoroughly with the three-metal bowl
- Helps to balance the subtle energies of the body
- Soothes the eyes and eye area
- Calms high skin tones
- Improves posture
- Reduces acidity in the entire body
- Invokes a deep experience of relaxation
- Centering and peaceful
STEP FIVE: Using the Ubtan - Ayurvedic cleansing and exfoliating powder
- Gently cleanses away the excess oil and exfoliates the skin and feet
- Makes the skin soft and the feet more mobile
- Helps the feet feel fresh, light, and energized
- Provides a unique, satisfying, and caring conclusion to the treatment
PediKarma(tm) leaves the feet feeling soft, supple, and alive. One feels balanced from head to toe, ready to meet the world, refreshed. Clearer and calmer from deep rest and a feast of touch experiences, every client is sure to step away from the treatment with a relaxed, smiling expression on their face.
PediKarma(tm) gets a rave review..."Healing for the Sole" by Judith Lazarus
"PediKarma is sweeping people off their feet. It is reflexology with an Ayurvedic twist. It is based on the notion that each of the body's systems corresponds to a spot on the feet, where healing begins. The hour plus, five step treatment begins with a neck and shoulder massage to set the mood. After your feet aee filed to smooth rough spots, they soak in a warm bath laced with mineral salts and tridoshic oils, good for kapha, pitta, and vata - all three Ayurvedic body types. A reflexology marma-point massage promises to rejuvenate you from the bottom up. Then comes the magic of Kansa Vataki; a small metal bowl, to "relax and energetically re-balance the entire mind-body system," according to creators Robert and Melanie Sachs of Diamond Way Ayurveda.
Massage with the Kansa bowl is said to draw heat, acidity, and the negative energy away from the body. After, your feet are wrapped in warm towels for a short rest and an application of herbal powder that is sprinkled on.
You'll walk out with your best feet forward."
The following Diamond Way Ayurveda products are used for delivering the PediKarma(tm) service:
Kansa Vataki Foot Bowl - the traditional Indian foot massage tool made of three metals
Foot File - ones that are nickel plated and easy to clean
Ayurvedic Bath Salts - a blend of salts, including Himalayan Red Salt and organic oils of jojoba, bay, eucalyptus, and ginger
Anise Tibetan Lotion - made of organic coconut oil and essential oil of anise seed
Aromatic Golden Ghee - clarified butter blended with essential oils of lavender, rosemary, and juniper
Rose Ubtan - a blend of organic barley flour, oat flour, calamus herb, and powdered rose petals
Products included in
- foot file
- 1lb. Ayurvedic Bath Salts
- 4oz. Aromatic Golden ghee
- 4oz. Tibetan Anise foot Lotion
- Kansa Vataki Bowl
- 8oz. Rose Ubtan
- "PediKarma(tm) DVD
These products can be purchased separately on our SHOPPING CART or as the package If you would like to market the oils, salts, and ubtans to your clients, they are also available at the WHOLESALE portion of our website.
If you feel inspired to learn more, please join us for a class ...
Diamond Way Ayurveda's Reflexology is both suitable for beginners as well as those who want to take their practice of reflexology or pedicure services to a new level, or introduce an amazing new spa service.
We are pleased to introduce to the American spa industry, Kansa Vataki, the use of a unique three-metal bowl used exclusively for foot massage. The effects of the bowl are dramatic in that it balances the three body energies of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha whilst at the same time helping to detoxify the body and especially eliminate excess heat from the system.
CLASS TOPICS INCLUDE
- Historical background of Kansa Vataki - discussing its roots in Indian teaching
- Looking at the feet with new eyes: advanced reflexology theory
- Explanation of the benefits of each stage of the treatment
- Information on the active ingredients of each of the products
- Theory of Tridoshic balancing and the use of the three-metal bowl (kansa)
- Demonstration and practice of advanced reflexology
- Demonstration and practice of Kansa Vataki
- Physical and Meditative exercises
- Self foot massge and foot exercises to help tired or tight feet